Patient Access Request

Subject Access Request - SAR

Welcome to the Kettering General Hospitals Subject Access Request portal. 

A Subject Access Request (SAR) is a request, made to an organisation asking for a copy of the personal data it holds about you. 

These requests are made under the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Access to Health Records Act 1990.

To make a SAR for personal information such as medical records held by Kettering General Hospital, you will be asked to choose an on line application form, depending on whether you are a patient, relative or an organisation.

There are 3 forms for you to choose from depending on whose records you are requesting:

Your own personal medical records

Records on behalf of a child or person you are caring for

Records of someone who has passed away

The hospital has a legal obligation to verify the identity of the person who is making the request. You will be asked to provide supporting documents such as a copy of your picture identification (e.g., a valid driving licence or passport). 

In addition to this, if you are making a request on behalf of someone else we will also need their patient identification documents. e.g. a birth certificate for a child. For an adult patient, we will also require their patient consent or power of attorney.

For requesting the records of a deceased patient, the request can only be made by the Executor or Administrator. You will need to provide proof that you are the Executor or Administrator and the following documents will be accepted:

A grant of probate

Letter of administration

Current Will of the deceased

Other persons may submit a request either with written permission from the Executor or by giving their reason for making a claim to access the records

How to make a request

Please have all the necessary documents ready before you start.

Choose the relevant request form and follow the instructions provided. Some fields are mandatory so you must enter this information in order to proceed. Please complete the request form and attach any necessary documents before you submit the request.

If you need support with this process, please email

Please find our Frequently Asked Questions here.

Get Started Online